7.14.2009

To Be at the Beach or Not to Be...

Well July is the season for Youth Camp! It's a wonderful time filled with late nights with teenagers, beach time where you get so sunburned you can hardly move, sleep, or do anything; amazing speakers and worship leaders (i.e. Ben Stuart, Matt Chandler, Charlie Hall!), but most of all seeing our kids come to a realization of sin in their life and how Christ can change it all; seeing that light bulb go off that means, "Wow! There really is something I can do to change my life to live like Christ!" This is one of Rick and I's greatest joys!

I'm a little sad this morning, however, as my beloved husband is traveling to Orange Beach, Alabama with 21 of our youth and I'm not there with them. :( We made the decision that it's just better for me at 28 weeks to stay in Texas and not be doing all the traveling, heat, etc. I think it is a wise decision but one definitely hard to make! My second greatest joy, one being a Mommy, is being an active part of Rick's ministry ~ to whomever, wherever that may be. Being alongside of him and seeing how he's blessed from the Lord to do His will is one of the best places to be! :) I love to see my husband fulfill his purpose in the Lord. And while I may only do a snippet of what he does, all the joy comes in seeing those students come to know Christ and build their relationship with Him.

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship!

Here are a couple pics from last years Student Life @ South Padre!

Walking into the Conference Center ~ Action Shot!

Funny Pic! :0)

Mmmm....

My Favorite Sarah!

So Warheads can get kinda crazy SOUR...so Tyler and I learned...

we had a competition - HE WON!


Rick & I with Charlie Hall - luv this guy!


So I ask that you join me in prayer this week as they are at Student Life @ the Beach; Orange Beach, AL: for convicted and changed hearts, for the Holy Spirit to be active and evident in that place, for attentive ears and spirits, and a willingness to know Him better. Will you join me?

1 comment:

  1. awesome post Stacy. Your husband is in my prayers. May the hearts of young ones be touched by the Lord. I only wish I knew then what I know now, but there is no time like the present, that's for sure. *hugs* Blessings to you, and your family...

    ReplyDelete