10.08.2009

from THREE to FOUR...

Wow! Where to begin!! I should begin with the story of our move to Tulsa. But I will write about that next time I have a free minute. I'm too excited to write about something else!




God has blessed us with another litle girl, Ava Ellen Emerson. She was born September 29 @ 3:37pm weighing 8 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 inches long. The whole process was just beautiful. I was actually dilated at a 2 for 2 weeks - and at my 38 week check-up, my amazing DR - Dr. Heather Summers - asked us if we wanted to induce, of course I said, "Uhm, yeah, like today?" She wanted to wait until I was a tad bit closer to 39 weeks. So we set induction date as Tuesday, September 29th. In my opinion, it's the best way to have a baby. At first I struggled with the idea thinking that the Lord would send her when she was "supposed to come." But going through the process I also know that He provides ways and opportunities for us to make the best decision. He also provided physicians who know what they are doing.




So we walk into St. Francis (Tulsa) around 715am. We were supposed to be there at 7 - but I am always late to everything. Rick said, "we're late to the birth of our own baby." :) Got into a L&D @ 730. My nurse was a phenomenal lady named Karen - who Im so grateful to - she was wonderful. They started my pitocin at 8:10, broke my water @ 9am, I requested my epidural at 1045 (only dilated to a 3 at this point), where I then started to get "loopy", crack jokes, and make everyone in my room laugh with me, OR were they laughing AT ME? Mmmm... :)


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment